Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sasquatch My A_ _


Becca is visiting for the weekend. She just came in : 10:30 pm, Saturday night with a bag of groceries. She came in looking like this---->






Us: "What happened? Why are you all wet?"
Becca: "Well, I was closing the trunk and I smelled something awful. I mean it was so gross, I swear I smelled Sasquatch. So I ran through the sprinklers to avoid him."

Then other comments arose, like this. (Keep in mind, all these are comments are in complete seriousness)
 " Well its warm outside, I doubt he is out this time of year,"-Lee
"I am standing back here in the hallway with you guys- its safer back here."- Tyler
"I swear Sasquatch lives around the lilac bushes." -Becca
Mocking Silence- Me

Since I seriously starting dating Lee last year, I realized that he and his siblings (possibly more family members) actually have a fear of Big Foot or Sasquatch. I laughed when he first told me, thinking it was a joke. Now I have learned otherwise. Lee is a big boy.He works out. He's tough. He can really defeat anything he goes after, but not this. I say the word "Sasquatch" to him when its dark, inside or out- he gets scared like a little girl. I love it. Likewise, with his siblings.
I shouldn't find it hilarious, but I do. I guess I have always had a good relationship with said Sasquatch. In my mind he looks and talks like Harry on "Harry and The Hendersons." Who doesn't love Harry?

11 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa great post Kim. I can enjoy a good mocking every once in awhile although you owe me big time for the picture. I know, we are retarded when it comes to Sasquatch aka Cain. Someday though (maybe even in the next life) when you find out that Sasquatch does indeed exist then you'll wish you had been scared. Enjoy living up in my parents big, ISOLATED house for three years!

Tallie, Aaron, Sterling, Avalon, Truman and Quin said...

If I remember right, there was some fear of aliens, ghosts and the like in our extended family too.

Kelly Simonsen said...

Sasquatch = Cain. Surprised you didn't know that.

Battfam said...

I believe you mispelled A_ _. Shouldn't it be A_ _ _? That's the way Lee says it anyway. Also, I can't figure out why Rebecca would be so afraid of Sasquatch unless she wasn't wearing her Diesel shoes or packing mace.

Tawny & Ryan said...

Lee, if you are serious about protecting yourself and your family from Bigfoot (aka Sasquatch aka Cain), you might want to start tracking him like Tawny's sister on Google Earth. You can find out more here.
-Ryan

Mardi said...

I believe in the creature - and not only because I am a family member. He's real, I swear!

Bobbi said...

Jared is Fascinated with Sasquash or Big Foot or whatever!! He always watches Monsterquest and even DVR's it. You might want to turn it on at night to freak Lee out a little. That would be funny.

Christa said...

Hahahaha. I am laughing my A---- off.
You can read my post on Becca's blog for whether or not I think it's real. I'm too lazy to type it twice.

Habs said...

I just went out on a date with a guy who said Big Foot was Cain. He told me this whole story about one of the prophets having a visitation from Cain. I thought the guy was crazy. I've NEVER heard this story before. Then I come to your blog.....WOW. I'm speechless. Maybe it's a mormon myth. I want to see it in writing.

The Lautaha's said...

OMG. I'm at work and have to duct tape my mouth to keep from laughing. Thanks a lot Kimbo...I could have lost my job today.
:D HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I love Harry. This is what I miss about you...Even a million miles away, you make me laugh like a moron.

The Lautaha's said...

OMG. I just read (is that ASHLEY?) the comment above mine...I heard that too! I think it was my brother-in-law who told me about something like that. doo-do-doo-do-doo-do-doo-do (oh--that's the TWILIGHT ZONE song in case you couldn't tell)
CHEEZERS!